Friday 3 October 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken


Slow Cooker Chicken

½ cup of white wine (red works too, or if you don’t want to add wine you could use water)
1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (796ml)
1-2 bulbs of garlic (chopped)

1 medium onion (chopped)

5-6 small potatoes (I cut mine in quarters)

4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (you can also use pieces of chicken, this is what I had on hand)

8oz package of mushrooms (chopped)

If you want to add some heat you can sprinkle in some chili peppers

I just put it all in the slow cooker together and serve with crusty bread or rolls. If you are leaving it for the day I would cook it on low or just the afternoon on high.

If you have picky eaters that don’t want to see an onion you can either chop it in large pieces so they are easily picked out. The flavour is still there. Also if I have cauliflower on hand I often grate it and mix that in. I have added an entire head of cauliflower undetected if I serve it with grated mozzarella on top.

Picture to follow, it is in my slow cooker now :)

1 comment: